Translate

Total Pageviews

My YouTube Channel

Saturday 9 January 2016

How to Find out ESXi Installation Date?

Question: How can i find out the date when my esxi was installed?


Answer:

1. First Connect with your esxi host through any SSH client like i used Putty

2. Then execute this command
esxcfg-info | grep -i “\\-System UUID”

  
3.  When this command is executed you will get UUID of your esxi host. From this copy the first 7 hexadecimal number. Like in my example it was 54deb8a4


4. Then Convert this Hexadecimal number to decimal value, in my case i used this online converter

5. Now i used Epoch Converter to Convert Decimal Number in to the Human Readable date

In this example my esxi was installed on 14th Feb 2015.

Source:-
http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/hex-to-decimal-converter

No comments:

Post a Comment